Making underwater microphones and working creatively with sounds and soundscapes. Sound ecology and environmental acoustic protection. A unique opportunity of art & biology learning in a marine natural reserve: Medes Islands, Girona Spain.
Hydrophones is a workshop for musicians, sound artists & young students of sound production. Also visual and audiovisual artists interested in the sound.
Friday June 28
– The world of underwater sounds.
– Making hydrophones, underwater microphones
– Michel André. The project Listen to the Ocean. Conference
– Night recordings at the beach and underwater
Saturday June 29
– Recordings. Boat trip to capture underwater sounds
– Working with the sounds obtained
– Evening concert by Orquestra del Caos
– Night recording in the marshes
Sunday June 30
– Improvisations with sounds
– Conclusions of the workshop
– Rehearsals and final concert
Josep Manuel Berenguer (Spain)
Sound artist. Director of Chaos Orchestra and Festival Director Música13
Carlos Gómez (Colombia)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carlos-g% C3% B3mez-caballero/45/b49/632
Composer and sound engineer documentary filmmaker. Professor of sound art multimedia systems in Barcelona. Project Manager of the Orchestra of Chaos.
Xavi Lloses (Spain)
Sound artist, visual and audiovisual artist and professor at the School of Music of Torroella de Montgrí.
Michel André (France)
MS in Biotechnology. Professor at the UPC Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Director of the Laboratory of Applied Bioacoustics (LAB). Researcher on the development of acoustic technologies for controlling noise pollution in the marine environment.
Registration € 120 Two scholarships, one for music students up to 25 years and another for artists and musicians. Interested send application and biography to email@example.com
Accommodation 2 nights in apartment 60 € (meals not included)
Information Côclea firstname.lastname@example.org www.naucoclea.net